Maria-Theresien-Straße 11, 1090 Wien, Austria
(01) 313 16 // 8300
- Name of the President: Mr.Christian Meidlinger
- Number of members: 511
- Year when the Association was established: 1947
- Year when the Association joined IFSW: 2011
- Constitution Geschäftsordnung younion _ Die Daseinsgewerkschaft
Younion represents the interest of more than 150,000 members from over 200 different occupational groups and working in about 2,100 Austrian municipalities and companies.
younion unites under its umbrella municipal employees working predominantly in health care, transport, utilities (electricity, gas, water, waste, etc.), education, social services, undertaking and public administration at municipal level, as well as individuals working in a creative capacity in the artistic, journalistic, broadcasting, technological, commercial, administrative and educational fields, whether employed or self-employed, in the sectors of arts, media, education and sports; as well as individuals training in any of these professions, youths employed as trainees by a municipality and retired members.
Membership is open to all employees of local towns and municipalities, irrespective of the employees’ labour status (labourer or salaried employee), their employment agreement (public servants and contracted public servants, traineeship or apprenticeship). Also, former active municipal employees have the option of remaining members of the younion during retirement.
Principal areas of activity include:
- Organisational activities such as recruitment, member care, levying membership fees, etc.
- Defending the interests of municipal employees by individual, plant and collective agreements with employers, and improving working conditions in municipal service.
- Counselling and training of staff representatives, works council members, young workers’ council members, officers for the disabled, and trade union representatives at the workplace.
- Promotion of educational initiatives as well as initiatives for young persons and women.
- Promotion of international cooperation among trade unions
- Free legal counselling and legal support for members
- 2019. IFSW REGIONAL CONFERENCE IN VIENNA.SOCIAL PROTECTION AND HUMAN DIGNITY
- 2019 April. SOCIAL WORKERS BEHIND THE FRONT LINES PROVIDING SOLUTIONS FOR INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS
- 2017 December. IFSW EUROPE ANNOUNCES THAT ITS REGIONAL CONFERENCE 2019 WILL BE HELD IN AUSTRIA
- 2017 August. SOCIAL SERVICES FOR UNACCOMPANIED MINOR REFUGEES IN VIENNA
- 2015 December. SOCIAL WORKER HONOURED BY THE AUSTRIAN TRADE UNION FEDERATION
- 2015. October. THE REFUGEE CRISIS: SOCIAL WORKERS AT THE FOREFRONT OF FINDING SOLUTIONS
- 2015 May. HERBERT PAULISCHIN (AUSTRIA AND ROMANIA) RECEIVED AN AWARD FOR ACHIEVEMENTS IN SOCIAL WORK IN HIS MORE THAN 35 YEARS PROFESSIONAL CAREER.
- 2013 May. AUSTRIA: SOZIALMARIE – AWARD FOR SOCIAL INNOVATION
- Is it social Work a University degree? Yes
- How many years do you have to study? 3years or 5 years
- Do you have to register to practice social work? No