Japan, Asia and Pacific
Yubinbango 160-0015, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo Daikyo-cho, address 23 3 Yotsuya Orchid building 7F
- Name of the President: Mr Kazue Kashiwagi
- Number of members: The Japanese Federation of Social Workers has 25.000 social workers
- Year when the Association was established: 1997
- Year when the Association joined IFSW:
- Code of Ethics JAPSW
- Constitution JAPSW
A mental health worker is a national qualification of a social worker in the mental health welfare field that was born in 1997.
In particular, in Japan, due to accidental mental illness, efforts to return to society and support social participation for people with various disabilities (mental disabilities) have been significantly delayed institutionalized in developed countries. Has continued for many years. In recent years, due to the revision of related laws, it has finally been possible to develop a foundation for people with mental disabilities to live in the local community as one citizen.
- WSWD poster 2019 Japan
- 2019 World Social Work Day video from Japan
- World Social Work Day 2019 Symposium Held in Tokyo. The Japanese Federation of SocialWorkers (JFSW) hosted a symposium on March 23rd (Sat) at the historical campus of Japan Women’s University in Tokyo to commemorate World Social Work Day 2019. Read more
- 2017. WORLD SOCIAL WORK DAY 2017 RELATED EVENT: THE JAPANESE ASSOCIATION FOR THE STUDY OF INTERNATIONAL SOCIAL WORK LAUNCHED
- 2015. IFSW ASIA –PACIFIC STATEMENT ON THE JAPANESE HOSTAGES IN SYRIA
- 2014. PUBLIC STATEMENT BY THE JAPANESE COORDINATING BODY FOR IFSW, CONCERNING THE HUMANITARIAN DISASTER CURRENTLY TAKING PLACE IN GAZA
- 2011. BRAVO TO OUR JAPANESE COLLEAGUES!
- 2011. OPEN LETTER OF THE IFSW PRESIDENT ON THE EARTHQUAKE AND THE TSUNAMI IN JAPAN
- 2009. MESSAGE FROM PRESIDENT DR DAVID N JONES ON THE JAPANESE SOCIAL WORK DAY