“All Social Workers including Social Workers who are Students, Academics and Managers are encouraged to be a part of this competition by submitting one or two photos each that capture the essence of the main themes being presented at the upcoming World Conference on Social Work and Social Development
Social Work and Social Development 2012 is focused on the over-arching theme of:
Action and Impact!
Together with the IASSW, ICSW the IFSW wants to convey a strong, global, message about Social Workers’ commitment towards the future of three particular areas of Social Development:
1. Human Rights and Social Equality
2. Environmental Change and Sustainable Social Development
3. Global Social Transformation and Social Action
Photos will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Technical merit
- Relevance to the themes outlined above
- Ability to convey the message regarding Social Work’s contribution to these themes
For a deeper explanation regarding the themes as well as information regarding the conference to be held in Stockholm, please visit: www.swsd-stockholm-2012.org/Default.aspx.
All photos submitted will be reviewed by a panel of Social Workers. Up to 20 photos will be exhibited at the International IFSW Conference in Stockholm where an International Panel (a representative from each IFSW region) will judge the final placings.
Additionally, conference participants will be invited to vote for their favourite photograph during the conference.
The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
How to enter
To enter, send your photo (s) with your name, title and member Association you belong to at the back of the photo (s) together with the completed official entry form by the 30th day of April, 2012 to,
by email, subject: IFSW Photo Competition to :
Photos must be taken by social workers to be eligible for the competition. Professional photographers are not eligible.
You may submit a maximum of two photographs to the competition on different subjects. The size of the submitted photos should either be 4R (4” x 6”/100 mm x 150 mm) or 5R (5” x 7”/ 120 mm x 180 mm) for the printed copies and resolution: XXXX for the digital copy. By entering the competition, you agree to grant IFSW a non-exclusive licence to publish and use the photographs. Submitted photos will not be returned.
Please send paper copies of the photos to the IFSW Secretariat together with a digital copy by email. E-mailed photographs without the paper copies will not be accepted. Photo Competition rules and conditions of entry are attached.
1st prize – US$400.00
2nd prize – US$300.00
3rd prize – US$100.00
The photo with the highest number of popular votes will receive 200 US Dollars.
We look forward to your entries!
IFSW Photo Competition rules
- The competition is open to social workers only. No professional photographers are eligible to participate.
- Participants can submit a maximum of 2 entries.
- By submitting your photograph to the competition, you declare that the photograph is your own original work, taken by you.
- By entering the competition you agree to grant IFSW a non-exclusive licence to publish and use the photograph(s).
- All photographs entered into the competition must be suitable for publication by IFSW whether in the website or in print.
- IFSW will not accept any photo that is illegal, likely to cause offence, or in its view inappropriate. IFSW cannot provide feedback if your photo is rejected.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all the necessary permissions and consents are obtained from any persons featured in the photograph(s). Where necessary, you must have consent from persons who are identifiable in the photograph. If the persons are under 16 years of age, this consent must be obtained from their parent or guardian.
- Please ensure that you retain the original negative or digital file for reference as it may be required to prove that it is your own work and in order to produce extra prints.
- IFSW accepts no responsibility for late, lost or damaged entries due to the postal service. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- The closing date for entries is 30th April, 2012.
- By submitting your photograph to the competition you agree to indemnify IFSW against all legal fees, claims, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by it as a result of any breach of law.
- Results will be announced in July 2012 at the IFSW International Conference in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Winners may be required to take part in post-competition publicity.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 entries.
- All entries must be accompanied by the completed IFSW official entry form.