You can become a part of IFSW by joining as a member.
If you’re an individual, you can become an IFSW Friend.
If you’re a national organisation that represents social workers, you can become an IFSW Full Member.
Anyone can join as a Friend of IFSW. Friends join to show their support for international social work and to become of a world-wide community. As a Friend of IFSW you receive:
- Free online access to the journal: International Social Work (ISW) published by Sage publications. You will be able to access all the articles in the journals dating back to January 1959.
- Advance access to all IFSW publications at reduced cost.
- Discounted conference registration fees (whenever possible).
- The opportunity to create and/or participate in international, regional or local social work or social justice campaigns.
- The certificate of ‘IFSW Friends Status’ membership
IFSW Full Member
Professional organisations representing social workers at a country-wide level can join IFSW as a full voting member. This level of membership enables your organisation to influence international social work policies and directions. Members enjoy being part of a strong network that provides support within a global community.
Members in this category of IFSW receive:
- Advocacy for the promotion of social work or social justice, on the members’ behalf, in their country, region, internationally and/or within the United Nations
- An active culture of sharing and learning across nations, regions and the globe
- Support for members’ campaigns for social work and social justice outcomes
- Participation in regional and global conferences
- Links with other members to improve regional networks and practice based networks
- Resources and a dedicated International Social Work Journal
- Access to advertise social work jobs internationally
- A social work relevant news service
To join IFSW as a nationwide professional organisation representing social workers, or as co-ordinating of two or more social work representative bodies within one country please download the application form.