The Ethics Commission is responsible for the review of the Statement of Ethical Principles, that every member of IFSW is required to adhere to, in addition to their own Code of Ethics. The Statement presents the basic ethical principles of the social work profession, offers guidance and recommends action when the work presents ethical dilemmas not only for members but for individual social workers in relation to the people with whom they work, colleagues and others in the field.
The Commission has five members, one from each region and is coordinated by the Secretary to the Commission who is appointed every two years by the Executive.
Ethics Global and Regional Commissioners
- Dawn Hobdy, United States. email@example.com
African Regional Commissioner
- Jacob, Olutimi, Nigeria, firstname.lastname@example.org
Asia and Pacific Regional Commissioners
European Regional Commissioner
- Jane Shears, United Kingdown.email@example.com
- Kenia Batista, Panamá. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jan Christianson-Wood, MSW, RSW, Canada. email@example.com