29/1 Balanescu Str., Chisinau, Moldova, postal code MD-2001
079270706 / 069874831
- Name of the President: Mr. Vadim Tarna
- Number of members: 255
- Year when the Association was established: 2016
- Year when the Association joined IFSW: 2018
- Code of Ethics National Association of Social Workers of Moldova
- Constitution National Association of Social Workers of Moldova
National Association of Social Workers in Moldova (NASWRM) is an association of highly educated and trained social workers in the Republic of Moldova. NASWRM intends to further the social work profession, in relation to global needs and international standards, by promoting social experts and social assistants in Moldova.
The association was founded in 2016 with mission to promote the social work profession in Moldova, and is registered as an official NGO in Moldova. The association is a member of International Federation of Social Workers (IFSW) and is slated to become a member of International Council on Social Welfare (ICSW).
The National Association of Social Workers in Moldova is necessary for the following reasons:
• To foster solidarity, collective identity, professional betterment, and societal legitimacy for social workers in the Republic of Moldova
- To organize communities and social action on behalf of marginalized groups and toward a more just and equitable society
- To advocate with governmental structures for salaries, working condition, benefits, etc.
- To create training opportunities, capacity building, professional enhancement
- To assure peer support, expert advice, employment opportunities and opportunities to participate in funded projects.
- To conduct research and involve social workers in academic scholarship opportunities.
- To develop and maintain a database of experts in the field of Social Work.
- To provide local and international professional networking, and dissemination of information: news on social issues, changes in laws and regulations, etc.
- To promote the Social Work profession
- Is it social Work a University degree? Yes
- How many years do you have to study? Moldova has adopted the Bologna system in three cycles of studies, for social work the years of studies are distributed as follows:
- bachelor’s degree – 3 years,
- master’s degree – 2 years
- doctoral degrees – 3, 4 years and above.
- Do you have to register to practice social work?
- No. Bachelor degree is enough. But often in the position of social worker there are employed people with studies in other fields (Education, Economics, Psychology, Law, etc.)