Slovenia, EuropeMr. Danica Hrovatič
Topniška 31, 1000 Ljubljana,
Društvo socialnih delavk in delavcev Slovenije
- Name of the President: Mr. Danica Hrovatič
- Number of members:
- Year when the Association was established:
- Year when the Association joined IFSW: 2014
- Statutes Slovenian Association of Social Workers
- Code Ethics Slovenian Association of Social Workers
The Slovenian Association of Social Workers (DSDDS) is a non-profit organization that voluntarily brings together professional social workers as well as those who are still educated in the profession. The most important goals of the Association are three in particular:
- care for the quality of professional work in all areas where members (of) our Society are employed
- facilitating networking between social workers from different fields and institutions due to professional issues arising in individual work environments, in order to be better informed and equipped to deal with a variety of issues
- greater protection of the interests of the users to whom our services are intended.
The first two goals are achieved primarily through professional consultations, encouraging other ways of exchanging views, and also through informal socializing. For the realization of the third goal, which is especially important and demanding, we have established within the Society an Honorary Tribunal of the DSDDS.