On 25-27 June 2020 Russian Union of Social Workers and Social Pedagogues together with the Government of Yakutia will hold the First Arctic Forum of Social workers “The Arctic is the territory of love and care”.
Call for Papers
The main topics for discussions
- The best practices and projects of social services to people living in Arctic areas.
- Extreme situations connected with climate change: fires, floods etc. The role of social workers and social pedagogues in helping to prevent these events and to explain the public of the effects of the inappropriate treatment of nature.
- Social work with small groups of indigenous people.
- National projects of Russian Federation in raising social welfare of Arctic population (among those the programme “Children of Arctic”.
- International experience of quality tailored social services for vulnerable people.
Yakutian Social Workers