Respect for human rights is fundamental to social work and the key motivation behind setting up the Human Rights Commission. The Commission, with its regional representatives, monitors and protects as far as it can the rights of social workers who may be endangered for supporting vulnerable populations or individuals. The Commission is also concerned with promoting human rights around the world, particularly in situations where social workers may already be involved standing up for the rights of people who face discrimination or marginalisation.
Human Rights Global and Regional Commissioners
- Colleen Lundy, Canada. ColleenLundy@cunet.carleton.
African Regional Commissioners
Asia and Pacific Regional Commissioners
- Raed Amira, Palestine. email@example.com
- Luis Arevalo, Aotearoa New Zealand. firstname.lastname@example.org
European Regional Commissioner
- Ana Radulescu, Rumania. ana.radulescu@gmail.
Latin American and Caribbean Regional Commissioners
- Alicia Yáñez Meriño, Chile. email@example.com
North American Regional Commissioner
- Dr. Mark Lusk, United States. firstname.lastname@example.org