The aim of the interim Education Commission is to create a structure for the transfer of knowledge between social work education and practice where both are informed and learning from one another. The Commission supports social work programmes and educators who experience pressures to make “concessions” on the quality of education to be able to meet the professions international standards.
The specific objectives of our interim commission are:
- Provide, within the structures of IFSW, a platform for all parties to work together at the national and global level, in accordance with the global principles, values and ethics as articulated in the Global Definition of Social Work.
- Agree on global minimum standards of social work curriculum and an internationally recognized policy framework.
- Develop a mechanism for IFSW endorsement of social work curricula who meet the global minimum standards and policy frameworks.
- Extend support to social work programmes and educators when experiencing political or technocratic pressures to make “concessions” to the quality of education.
- Promote genuine participation of the people who use services.
Interim Education Global and Regional Commissioners
- Vasilios Ioakimidis, United Kingdom. email@example.com
African Regional Commissioners
Asia and Pacific Regional Commissioners
- Raed Amira, Palestine. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luis Arevalo, Aotearoa New Zealand. email@example.com
European Regional Commissioner
- David Jones, United Kingdom. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrés Arias, Spain. email@example.com
Latin American and Caribbean Regional Commissioners
- Dr. Jorge Arturo Saenx Fonseca, Costa Rica. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dra. Marinilda Rivera Díaz, Puerto Rico. email@example.com
North American Regional Commissioner
- Dr. Joan Davis-Whelan, Canada. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Gary Bailey, United States