The aim of the interim Education Commission is to create a structure for the transfer of knowledge between social work education and practice where both are informed and learning from one another. The Commission supports social work programmes and educators who experience pressures to make “concessions” on the quality of education to be able to meet the professions international standards.WSWD 2020 message from IFSW Interim Education Commissioner, Vassilis Iakomidis
The specific objectives of our interim commission are:
- Provide, within the structures of IFSW, a platform for all parties to work together at the national and global level, in accordance with the global principles, values and ethics as articulated in the Global Definition of Social Work.
- Agree on global minimum standards of social work curriculum and an internationally recognized policy framework.
- Develop a mechanism for IFSW endorsement of social work curricula who meet the global minimum standards and policy frameworks.
- Extend support to social work programmes and educators when experiencing political or technocratic pressures to make “concessions” to the quality of education.
- Promote genuine participation of the people who use services.
Latin American and the Caribbean Region
Dra. Marinilda Rivera Díaz