Grenada, Latin America & Caribbean
PO box 1176, Grand Anse, St Georges, Grenada WI
1 473 415 0865
- Name of the President: Mrs. Calisha Hyacinth
- Number of social workers registered: 24
- Year when the Association was established in 2007
- The association joined IFSW in 2015
- Code of Ethics of the Grenada Association of Professional Social Workers
- Constitution of the Grenada Association of Professional Social Workers
Grenada Association of Professional Social Workers (GAPSW) started in March 2007 by convening a meeting with organisations working with people. Since then, the association has developed and we are now a registered non- profit organisation.
Formal social work is in its infancy in Grenada and members of GAPSW have struggled for a number of years in attempting to effect change in policy and procedures in a system where there has been little recognition of social work as a profession. The lack of trained and experienced social workers has been one of the major concerns in Grenada.
Since the inception of GAPSW, we have worked tirelessly in influencing change, challenging inequalities by taking part in media programmes and also placing articles in local newspapers. GAPSW is now recognized as an association that advocates on behalf of vulnerable people; we are seen as a pressure group and are often called upon by the media to make comments on social issues in our society.