Ireland, EuropeJohn Brennan
St. Andrews Resource Centre, 114-116 Pearse Street, Dublin 2
00353 (0)1 677 4838
- Name of the President: Mrs Aine McGuirk (Chair)
- Number of members: 1207
- Year when the Association was established: 1971
- Year when the Association joined IFSW:
- Code of Ethics the Irish Association of Social Workers
- Constitution the Irish Association of Social Workers
The Irish Association of Social Workers is the national professional body for social workers in the Republic of Ireland. Member Benefits at a glance:
- Fitness to Practise Legal Expenses Cover (ONLY available to Full Members, First Yr Post Qualify & Part-time). For further information on the coverage please see Fitness to Practise section on the website.
- FREE CPD Folder, Resources and Support in Maintaining a CPD Portfolio. (Folder only available to Full Members, First Yr Post Qualify & Part-time members)
- Exclusive Access to Job Advertisements
- FREE Subscription to the “Irish Social Worker” Journal
- Access Online to ALL Previous Editions of the “Irish Social Worker”
- Professional Advice and Support from the IASW Office, Board & Council Representatives
- Reduced Rates at Conferences, Lectures, Training & Other IASW Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Activities
- Invitation to FREE CPD Events
- Participation in Special Interest Groups & Committees
- Input into National Standards, Policy and Legislation
- Bi-monthly Communications Newsletter Containing Updates on IASW Activity, Briefings and Announcements of Upcoming CPD events
- FREE Hosting on our Supervision Panel
- Invitation to our Annual Conference & AGM
- 2018. SWSD 2018 Social Work, Education And Social Development Conference
- 2014.IFSW Statement from The Solidarity Symposium on Social Work and Austerity
- Is it social Work a University degree?
- How many years do you have to study?
- Do you have to register to practice social work?