Israel, EuropeBrian Auslander
Edificio del Comité Ejecutivo, Arlozorov 93, Tel Aviv
- Name of the President: Mrs. Inbal Hermoni
- Number of members:
- Year when the Association was established: 1937
- Year when the Association joined IFSW:
- Code of Ethics Israel Association of Social Workers
- Constitution Israel Association of Social Workers
The Union of Social Workers is part of the General Federation of Labor, and is the only organization authorized to act on behalf of the social worker vis-a-vis government ministries, local authorities and other employers to improve workers’ salaries and employment, Social Development.
The union operates on three main axes:
- Professional union – improving wage and labor conditions, enforcing wage agreements that have been achieved, and assisting workers in realizing their rights and organizing in the workplace
- Promotion of the profession of social work – concern for the professional framework, areas of responsibility, training and professional enrichment frameworks, and the boundaries of the field of activity.
- Promoting social policy – action for a just welfare policy for all citizens of the State of Israel – together with government ministries and various authorities, Knesset committees and social organizations.
The Association of Social Workers is the representative democratic union of all social workers in Israel. The Union is part of a federation of member organizations of the New Histadrut.
The association was founded in 1937 by Henrietta Szold, whose goal was to develop welfare services and raise social worker status.