Italy, EuropeMrs. Paola Pontarollo
Via Giambattista Soria,
- Name of the President: Mra. Paola Pontarollo
- Number of members: 400
- Year when the Association was established: 1948
- Year when the Association joined IFSW:
- Code of Ethics Italian Association of Social Workers
- Constitution Italian Association of Social Workers
‘Ass.N.A.S. (National Association of Social Workers), was founded in 1948, close to the Conference on Social Assistance Studies, organized in Tremezzo (CO) in 1946. Urged by the strength of the ideas that emerged during this event, some social workers concretely expressed their willingness to create a democratic organization representing the category, founding the Association, first named ANAS and then Ass.NAS, which, since its inception, is part of the IFSW (International Federation of Associations of Social Workers) . The Ass.N.A.S. was for many years the only category organization that carried out “battles” for the recognition of the professional title (1987), for the creation of a Professional Order (1995) and for the university training of social workers (2000); it was the prevailing professional community in which the evolutionary development of the Italian Social Service as a discipline and as a profession was followed, promoted and documented. Even today, recognizing the importance of his role, he continues to present proposals and claims, both independently and in collaboration or in support of initiatives of the representative bodies of the profession, the Order and the Syndicate. The Ass.N.A.S. is accredited by the National Order of Social Workers as a “Training Agency” and is therefore entitled to organize training events for Social Workers.
- Is it social Work a University degree? Yes
- How many years do you have to study? 2 years degree in general course + 2 years of social work
- Do you have to register to practice social work? yes. After receiving the degree, it’s obbligastority to take a public exame for iscription in Order/consil.