Malaysia, Asia and Pacificcontact@masw.org.my
Room 3, 2nd floor, SSAAS Building, No.16 Jalan Utara, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
+603-7954-9379 || +6011 - 1523 0021
- Name of the President: Professor Dr. Azlinda Azman
- Number of members: 366
- Year when the Association was established: 1973
- Year when the Association joined IFSW: 1974
- Code of Ethics Malaysian Association of Social Workers
- Constitution Malaysian Association of Social Workers
The Malaysian Association of Social Workers (MASW) was formed on the 3rd of March 1973, and registered with the Registrar of Societies on the 28th of March 1974 (ROS 1387 Selangor).
- To promote professional competency standards in social work practice, education and research towards efficient and effective social services for the well-being of the community
- To seek professional competency in social work practice, education and research
- Be an active advocate for professional competency in social work practice, education and research
- To be a relevant forum for assessing, identifying and managing social problems
- To be an effective resource of professional support to its members
- To participate dynamically in networking with government and non-government agencies locally and internationally in the pursuit of professional competency in all areas of social work.
- Is it social Work a University degree? Yes, except there are 2 private education institutions offering diploma level.
- How many years do you have to study? 4 years
- Do you have to register to practice social work?