64 Karapet Ulnetsi, Yerevan, Armenia
(+374 60) 540150
- Name of the President: Mrs. Mira Antonyan
- Number of members: 1074
- Year when the Association was established: 2004
- Year when the Association joined IFSW: 2005
- Code of Ethics Armenian AssociationSocial Work AASW
- Constitution Armenia Association Social Work – AASW
Armenian Association of Social Workers is a professional representative body of social workers in Armenia and one of the leading think tanks in the country that brings together a team of highly qualified experts with strong academic background and substantial experience in both public and private sectors committed to professional excellence and ethics. The Association was formed as a non-governmental, non-political and not-for-profit national organization in 2004 and has a strong and relevant voice on matters of social justice, human rights, social inclusion and issues that impact upon the quality of life of all Armenians. AASW works simultaneously on top-down and bottom-up approaches to maximize engagement for reforms in the social protection system in Armenia by shaping social policy agenda aimed at development for all groups in Armenia (children, women, disabled and others). It advocates for the improvement of social policies and programs, which affect social work clients and social work practice, strengthening standards of social work practice.
Association acts as a watchdog and promotes transparent, accountable and responsive good governance thus contributing to the democratic reforms in public sector.
- 2019 March. The Armenian Association of Social Workers joint the social workers worldwide to celebrate the World Social Work Day on 19th of March.The Armenian Association of Social Workers united social workers from in Armenia during a week (on March 18- 22) as well as representatives of state and non-state agencies, international organizations and donor society with the aim to promote the professionalization of social work services. In this regard a series of events started. Read more
- 2018 September – Armenian Association Of Social Work – Conference “Role Of Social Protection In The Sustainable Development Agenda: Leaving No One Behind In Armenia”.
- 2014 September – Statement-Of-Ifsw-Europe-In-Support-Of-Social-Workers-In-South-Caucasus-Region
- Poster WSWD 2019 – Armenian
- Is Social Work a University degree? yes
- How many years do you have to study? 4 years- BACHELOR and 2 years- MASTER PROGRAM
- Do you have to register to practice social work? No