St. Andrews Resource Centre, 114-116 Pearse Street, Dublin 2
00353 860 241 055
- Name of the President: Vivian Geiran
- Number of members: 1297
- Year when the Association was established: 1971
- Year when the Association joined IFSW:
- Code of Ethics the Irish Association of Social Workers
- Constitution the Irish Association of Social Workers
The Objectives of the Association are:
To improve the standards and quality of social work.
To provide support to social workers in the practice of their profession.
To represent the views of social workers on matters of social policy and practice at local, national and international level
To develop a sense of pride amongst social workers about the value of their profession.
To be advocates for the interests of social work clients at national level.
To promote awareness of the contribution of social work to society.
- 2018. SWSD 2018 Social Work, Education And Social Development Conference
- 2014.IFSW Statement from The Solidarity Symposium on Social Work and Austerity
- Is Social Work a University degree?
- How many years do you have to study?
- Do you have to register to practice social work?