Sweden, EuropeMrs. Josefine Johansson
Box 128 00, 112 96 Stockholm, Sweden
08-617 44 00
- Name of the President: Mr. Heike Erkers
- Year when the Association was established: 1937
- Year when the Association joined IFSW: 1958
- Code of Ethics The Swedish Union for Social Work Professionals
- Constitution The Swedish Union for Social Work Professionals
The Union for Professionals, Akademikerförbundet SSR, is Sweden’s leading union in the field of social sciences. We work to improve conditions, education, wages and opportunities for our members.
The Union for Professionals is a trade union for university graduates with a degree in social science, behavioral science or social work. We organize around 70 000 members in both the public and the private sectors. The organization consists of more than 300 local and regional organizations, with one national office based in Stockholm.
The Congress, that meets every third year, is the highest governing body. The Union for Professionals is a member of Saco, the Swedish Confederation of Professional Associations, a politically independent confederation of 22 unions of university graduates with a total of around 600,000 members. We are also a member of PSI, Public Services International, and EPSU, the European Public Services Unions.