Iran Association of Social Workers calls to join the international campaign of #I_have_good_news
Life in every society is not always pleasant. Big or small economic, political, military, social, health, natural and manmade crises including COVID-19 pandemic, ebola virus, SARS, etc make lives of people more difficult. In such situations, negative, frustrating and disappointing news are usually being more heard and spread and affects and threatens psychosocial health of people. In these situations small and big good happenings also occur in different areas which can make us to “feel better”.
Iran Association of Social Workers started the international campaign of #I_have_good_news on the day of WSWD 2020 so that every one of us can move a small step toward spreading good local and international news.
Joining this campaign doesn’t mean that we should not see problems or justify them because demanding is responsibility of every citizen in any society. However, we believe that spreading good news besides demanding and criticizing can reduce some of the stress and pressures on us.
So let’s join this campaign and call others to join. Let’s remember that problems and crisis have been always and will be with human beings and human with his power of wisdom and volition can pass them with least damage.
Good happenings occur around us, not only related to corona virus, and we can spread them in any opportunity. Happy life of people and “social wellbeing” is the main goal of social workers. Let’s play a role in creating happiness in society and for our families and friends by joining this campaign because this will make life more delightful in this situation. We believe that “the world, including Iran is thirsty for peace, friendship and humanity”.
Dr. Hassan Mousavi Chelak
President of IASW and Ethics Commissionaire of IFSW-AP
Since the campaign started, we have received good news from all over the world:
– A 103 year- old Chinease grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.
– Venice’s canals have become crystal clear since the lockdown and dolphins are coming nearer and neared to Italy coasts.
– Japan has now deer roaming free in the streets.
– The same with monkeys in Thailand.
– A San Diego biotech company is developing a COVID-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.
– All 7 patients who were getting treated for at Safdarjung hospital in New Delhi have recovered.
Please kindly join the campaign by using #I_have_good_news in social media bellow good news you spread. Also encourage others to join the campaign and share good news.