Michaelkirchstraße 17, 10179, Berlin, Germany
- Name of the President: Mr. Michael Leinenbach
- Number of members: 6000
- Year when the Association was established: 1956
- Year when the Association joined IFSW: 1994
- Code of Ethics German Professional Association for Social Work
- Constitution German Professional Association for Social Work
The German Professional Association for Social Work e.V. (DBSH) is the largest German professional and trade association for social work and thus the professional representation of social workers and social workers. Seat of the professional association is Berlin.
The DBSH represents the societal, professional, labor and collective bargaining interests of its members. Nearly 6,000 colleagues have joined forces to set standards in social work.
The DBSH works profession-politically, subject-specific and socially-related. Represents the labor, collective bargaining and salary interests of its members. It is not ideologically bound and non-partisan.
The DBSH is particularly committed to the following goals:
Improving the conditions of social work, professional profiling and achievement-oriented recognition of social professions
Cooperation of all specialists working in social fields
Adherence to professional ethics and quality standards of social work
- 2018 June. 2018 OUP SOCIAL WORK IN EUROPE
- 2017 May.ARCHIVAL VISIT TO GERMANY
- 2016 November. IN MEMORY OF HEINRICH SCHILLER (1925-2016)
- 2015 October. THE REFUGEE CRISIS: SOCIAL WORKERS AT THE FOREFRONT OF FINDING SOLUTIONS
- 2012 February. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
- Is it social Work a University degree? YEs
- How many years do you have to study? 3 years, 4 years
- Do you have to register to practice social work? To get “staatliche Anerkennung” – Licence for social work practice